Monday, April 18, 2011

My weekend was great because....

I slept!!!

I slept from 7 pm on Friday till 12 ish on Saturday morning. It was raining heavily, so i got up and made myself a tomatoe, cheese and mushroom omellette with waffles and bacon. i felt i had earned the fattening food.

after eating, i watched a bit of tv and slept again till about 6 ish pm. I woke up craving eba and egusi and so i went to the store, bought spinach and garri. I then threw down i the kitchen. the soup was too delish if i do say so myself. here is a picture.


when the food was done, i sat down and ate it all by myself. : (
then ofcourse this got me thinking. i wish i had someone to cook for.
a rainy day hot soup and eba to warm my special someones insides.
then my friend i told you guys about calls me and we talked about his planned visit. tickets are running between $700 to $900. that is just too much. so i am not going to see him as soon as i had expected.

i am not sure if i offeneded him but when i told him that we could split the cost of the ticket, he kinda closed off and after that got off the phone. was i wrong to offer to pay half? i mean i am older than he is and we both work. now i am worried cos he has not answered my bbs today. na wa o

anyway sha, whats going on with nigeria? i looked at the map of the distribution of votes and it is truly divided in north and south. why cant we all just get along?

3 comments:

  1. I hear there are riots in the northern part of Nigeria because of the result of the elections. Goodluck Jonathan has been declared president.
    Way to go with your eba and egusi soup. As for your friend, I just think he wants to visit you based on his own terms and convenience. Some men dont feel good eating off women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as for nigeria, we will contiue to pray. Okeoghene, i didnt see it as me eating off him, i saw it as a partnership. anyway sha thanks for the input

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omlicha please when ever U hear Nigeria anyway,just say a prayer for the country...as for your weekend,i would say U had a blast coz U had what i have been craving for lol..This ticket thing reminds me of a girl here in Ghana,even if i want to buy her a pencil she wants to pay half,as guys we feel intimidated when u do this..guess U should just let him take care of the ticket.*New Yorker Accent*"he gat this son"

    ReplyDelete