Wednesday, April 6, 2011

If you cannot spell.....NOTHING FOR YOU

i hate bad grammar.

if you want to tick me off, spell words wrongly- all the time. be carefree about grammar, tense structure and spelling.

i refuse to give any time to people who cant speak english. but this is only if english is their native language. hence i will tolerate your bad grammar if you are from a francophone country or if you are russian or german or whatever.

but. if english is your first language, you ought to learn to speak it properly and spell properly.

i hate reading inter office memos. i am a lawyer and i wonder how some of these mugus made partner.

mr partner it is "i am in a meeting" NOT "am in a meeting"

today i dont feel lonely at all. thank god.

today i feel happy.

two toasters called me today. i hate both of them and i tell them this. apparently it is the funniest thing they have ever heard. they think i am playing hard to get. how is "stop calling me, i hate you and you irritate the shit out of me" playing hard to get?

i dey fear peope o.

anyway sha, learn to spell.

it helps.

4 comments:

  1. it's quite annoying to see people spell wrongly, I cut them some slack, but it pisses me off when I see it on a WEBSITE!!!! sigh

    www.gistdotcom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm,i think correct spellings has lost its place in our society and has been replaced with shorthand and internet slangs.Jeez U were a bit harsh with the toasters lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a grammar nazi! I can tolerate it to an extent on blogs and fb/twitter but when i have to do peer reviews and read other somewhat formal work it irritates me to no end. Some people talk shorthand to a whole other level.

    ladyngo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another issue i'm currently contending with is the so-called 'abbreviations' ...Jeez! From text to txt, people to ppl, someone to som1, the list goes on and on. Oh my God! It could really be frustrating to read text messages and even Emails these days.

    http://unashamedly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete